City of West Covina - New Business License Application
What you need to know to get started:
1. Most business licenses are renewed on a annual basis and expire on December 31st of each year.
2. The business start date is the first date your business started operating in the City of West Covina.
3. Employee identification numbers are required for all new businesses. Sole owner or partnerships are
required to provide Social Security number for all owners/partners. LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust or
Corporations are required to provide a Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN)
or State Employee Identification Number (SEIN) for the business.
4. No payment will be required until your application has been reviewed and accepted. You will receive
an email verifying the receipt of application. Within 5 business days you will receive an email containing
the amount due and instructions on how to make payment online.
The City of West Covina would like to welcome you to its business community. We know that starting
a new business can be exciting and challenging. We wish you the greatest success in your new venture!
If you need any assistance with the application process, please call (626) 513-0043
to speak with a customer service representative.
* * PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND SELECT THE BLUE “BEGIN REGISTRATION” BUTTON TO CONTINUE * *